Urban Photography Glasgow, by Colin Wright, Corporate and Fine Art Photographer Scotland.
As a professional corporate, event photographer working around Edinburgh and throughout Scotland, it is always good to get the opportunity to visits different places. I paid a visit to Glasgow on friday, to add to my infrared photography Scotland collection and also to get some urban photography images of this great city. I thought this would be a good time to do a few Tips for the Urban Photographer, so here they are as follows:
1. Try low angles, making the best of puddles, objects on the ground and the dramatic perspective.
2. If you can try and include people in the photos, to give the images a sense of reality and buzz through movement, more difficult just now, I know due to the lockdown restrictions and the lack of people in urban offices.
3. Try to include famous landmarks in the city ie buildings, statues and bridges, or famous streets.
4. Be careful, you are in a city. Be aware if you have a £2000 camera on a tripod in the middle of a busy location, or even more so, in a quiet area at night time.
5. Take loads of photos and try different things, with regard to the angle, composition etc. Get creative also at home with software ie conversions to black and white, increase the dynamic range and structure in your editing. You could also try a little HDR, or focus stacking.
Hope that helps.
Until next time.
Keywords: corporate, event photographer Edinburgh and Scotland, fine art photographer scotland, glasgow, infrared photography Scotland, urban photography
No comments posted.
Commercial Freelance event and corporate Photographer, Edinburgh, Scotland
Fine Art and Landscape Photographer Scotland
Recent PostsSkateboarding in infrared in Scotland The Importance of Clouds in Infrared Photography Cameras, with the biggest change since the digital age The Falkirk Wheel Harbour photography East Lothian, Scotland Event Photography in Edinburgh, Glasgow and Scotland Mac or Windows - Photographers in Scotland and their Preferred Operating System Infrared Fine Art Photography, the Kelpies Scotland Belhaven Bay Coast East Lothian Utilising Down Time and Re-visiting Earlier Fine Art Photography, Glasgow, Scotland