Tips for Music Photography by event photographer Edinburgh Colin Wright
So today I am going to briefly look at some essential tips for music photographers in Scotland. To be honest, you should just think of music photography as a kind of event photography, as the same rules apply, so as a starter I will detail the tips below and expand on the issues in the weeks to come under future blogs. So here we go:
1. Know the genre of music, when the key moments will be the general rules for the musicians and the audience ie keep your camera on silent shutter mode for classical concerts, although not necessary for others is when I photographed Midstock, Midstock 23 | midstock (midstockfestival.com)
2. Its all about position, try and get in the centre of you are not allowed to move around. As always vary your angles etc.
3. Photograph the the artists close up and with the band or backing performers.
4. Get photos of the crowd, this is try for all event photographers in Scotland and also applies to sport big style.
5. Take close-ups of the instruments.
6. Remember and capture the emotions before, ie the nerves and after the relief and applause etc.
7. Obey the rules, if you are told not to move around then keep as quiet as possible. It is also important not to spoil the enjoyment of the others in the crowd.
8. As with all professional photographers in Scotland, be polite and knowledgeable but also firm with clients and the crowd, your job is to come away with great photos, if they put you in a corner with a poor view, explain the you can't work miracles.
9. Vary your focal length ie telephoto, wide angle if possible and try and include as many of the performers as possible.
10. Enjoy the photoshoot and the music.
Anyway, that's all for now, hope this helps all you budding music photographers in Scotland.
Keywords: event photographer edinburgh, music photographers in edinburgh glasgow and scotland, professional photographers in scotland
No comments posted.
Corporate event and conference photographer Edinburgh, Glasgow, Scotland
Recent PostsEvent photographers in Edinburgh and Scotland and preparing for the new season Balmaha Loch Lomond The joy of photography in Loch Lomond for commercial photographers in Scotland urban infrared photography Glasgow Embracing Innovation: A Guide for Conference and Event Photographers in Scotland City infrared photography from Glasgow Corporate and conference photography in Edinburgh, Glasgow and Scotland 2024 Infrared in the Kelpies by professional corporate and fine art photographer Edinburgh. Plans for the year, corporate and conference photography 2024, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Scotland Lenzie rfc, sports photography Scotland